Top Colleges for Teachers
According to the May 2012 Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are over 1 million elementary school teachers, over 600,000 middle school teachers, and over 1 million high school teachers in the United States. It is hard to imagine that this number reflects a shortage in teachers.
As a student wishing to pursue a good teaching major, you are likely researching the best colleges for teaching degrees that are available to you. In today’s virtual world, many online options make attaining your teaching degree easier than ever before
Whether you are looking for a residential or online program, there are many universities to choose from offering a wide variety of courses and areas of focus. Below are some of the top institutions for educational courses available to students:
Following is the list of Colleges :
Liberty University – accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC), offering courses in an entirely online environment, working toward Associates, Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate degree, eligible for financial aid, 9 start dates per year, offers 8-week and 16-week courses, private university.
Kaplan University – regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), offering online and campus courses working toward Certificates, Associate’s, Bachelors, and Master’s credential, eligible for financial aid, operates on a quarter schedule, private university.
Concordia University, Portland, Oregon – regionally accredited by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission and by the Northwest Commission on Colleges, courses offered entirely online working toward Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, eligible for financial aid, private university
Capella University – accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), offering distance learning and campus courses working toward Certificates, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral level, continuous enrollment available, eligible for financial aid, several programs have academic residency requirements,private university Students wishing to pursue higher education should research the state requirements in the state they wish to teach to determine if there are program requirements for state licensure.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the distance program will meet their needs in order for them to be able to teach in their state or throughout America. Once a student has determined the requirements, choosing the best program to suit their needs should be easy with so many choices in universities offering a degree for teachers. Take a step forward and accelerate your career to new heights.
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- And more...
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.A. in Gifted Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Education Studies
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- BA/Library Science and Media
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Adult Education and Training
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- And more...