PhD for Leadership in Education
Educational Leadership is a growing focus for many educators today. There are many doctoral programs available for students wishing to take this career path. If you are looking for a doctorate program in Educational Leadership that is both flexible and thorough, then you should consider a distance learning college.
Distance learning courses allows professionals currently working in the field of teaching to pursue a doctorate degree with a focus on leadership skills while maintaining their current, demanding schedules as teachers or administrators. The particular major prepares educators for higher positions within the field of education. It is designed for those already working in the field who hold a Master’s degree in teaching. In most cases, certification can be completed entirely online, though some might have brief residency requirements.
Some of the most popular curriculum options available for distance learning are as follows:-
Doctor of Education (Ed.D)
– Leadership – offered by Liberty University, requires applicants to have a Master’s degree, can be completed entirely online, and has no residency requirements. This same curriculum format is also available from North Central University online for those holding a Master’s from a regionally accredited university; it has no residency requirements and is delivered entirely in the online environment.
Doctor of Education (Ed.D) – Management – Capella University offers this doctoral program which focuses on the development of educational management skills, preparing educators for jobs with a focus on administration prowess. Capella is offering this for professionals holding a Master’s from an accredited university in an online environment; it is designed to be completed within 3 years and there are no residency requirements.
PhD – Administration – It is offered by Capella University as an alternative to an Ed.D degree. It is state approved for licensure making the program a good choice for educators wishing to move their teaching career into the administration focus and become principals, superintendents, or other knowledge-base leaders. Though the program is offered online, it has residential colloquia experience requirements for 35-week colloquia’s intermittent throughout your enrollment time.
The demand for higher education in America is growing because of recession and job competition. Students can gain a competitive edge against other colleagues just by adding a post graduate credential to their resume. On top of it, there are many opportunities for educator’s to further their career with additional academic skills. Choosing the right doctoral degree path is the first step to excelling your career with Doctoral Programs in Educational Leadership.
U.S Dept of Education
Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership in with an Emphasis in K-12 Leadership
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Behavioral Health
- Ed.D in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development
- And more...
- Our online MSEd program allows you to choose from a range of specializations and pacing options to meet your needs.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how to develop meaningful curriculum and policies.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Walden is the choice for more than 100 state teachers of the year.
- Coursework is based on the latest research and current best practices.
- PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design
- PhD in Education - Organizational Research, Assessment and Evaluation
- PhD in Education - Early Childhood Leadership & Advocacy
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Concordia pursues online learning with the same passion and commitment to excellence that has marked our 110-year history. Our online degrees provides the same high academic standards as our on-campus
- #1 in M.Ed Degrees awarded by a Non-Profit University with over 8,000 M.Ed degrees that have been awarded to Concordia Online Students (Based on 2013-2014 IPEDS data); #3 MBA Program in Oregon (2015)
- Your diploma and transcript is exactly the same as what students receive from Concordia’s on-campus program and carries the same value as a traditional degree
- Concordia offers a variety of scholarships, grants, and awards designed to make the cost of a quality liberal arts education more affordable. Military benefits are available to candidates who qualify
- Concordia offers outstanding student-focused support including technical support and student service teams to assist you from initial contact through graduation.
- Concordia University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- Teacher Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!