For Master’s Education
The next step in a teacher’s career is typically to attain a Master’s degree. It is best way to gain advancement opportunities and pay raises within their chosen profession. Full time teachers can find the thought of fitting in the pursuit of post-graduate study daunting at best. However, many feel it is the best next step in their career. Post graduate degrees for teachers is one of the best options available to busy educators to help them succeed at achieving the goal of earning a Master’s level.
Types of Major Subjects
A teacher may focus their academic studies in many areas of studies. Full-time teachers usually have an area they wish to focus their studies on when pursuing higher education. Career opportunities for teachers are plentiful and some of the available choices include:
• Master of Arts in Teaching (MA)
• Master of Education (M.Ed.)
• Educational Specialist
Areas of Focus
Once a major type is chosen, some colleges provide a further focused field of study (concentration). Whether you are pursuing a Master of Education (M.Ed.) or a Master of Arts (MA), you will typically have options for the focus of your degree. Some typical areas of focus include:
• Early Childhood Education
• Elementary Education
• Secondary Education
• Special Education
• Administration and Supervision
• Curriculum Development
• Adult Education
• Subject specialties such as Reading, Math, Technology, Religion and Science
There are various types of online programs available for today’s busy teachers that wish to pursue an accredited degree within the teaching field. Once your major type is chosen, choosing the best college to excel your career should be your first priority. The most important decision you will have to make when choosing an online program is whether you wish to work toward, or need to work toward, a licensure or certification. Once you have determined this, you will be better prepared to determine which course program is right for you. Some of the common types of distance learning programs available to teacher’s wishing to get a Master’s degree in education include:
• Distance learning only
• Online with student teaching internship
• Online with on-campus intensives
• Licensure Program/Non-Licensure Programs
Getting a post graduate credential in education does not have to be overwhelming. With today’s online options, master’s degree for teachers can be obtained in as little as 12 months and on average in 18 months. With many colleges and universities offering flexible, adult learning, online, teacher’s wishing to fulfill the goal of completing their graduation is easier than ever.
- The Doctor of Education (EdD) program helps students hone research and scholarly writing skills in preparation for their doctoral study or dissertation.
- EdD students may choose from nine specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Higher Education Leadership and Management, and more.
- Students in the EdD program may progress at their own pace by choosing between the Traditional and Fast Track options.
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Higher Education - College Teaching
- MS in Higher Education - Online College Teaching
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Gifted Education
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Masters
- Higher Education - Masters
- General Education - Masters
- And more...
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
U.S Dept of Edu
Bureau of Labor Statistics