Taking Advantage of a Post Graduate Degree
There are many benefits of attaining a post-graduate secondary education online. One of the biggest advantages of getting your master’s degree via a e-learning platform is that you can aim toward your graduation while continuing to work full time, or part time, and continue with your family obligations as well. This is very important to most adult students looking to advance their career outlook through further studies.
If you have a computer and an Internet provider, you are in the position to consider a distance learning program. Pursuing a master’s in secondary education (M.Ed.) also requires that you already have a bachelor’s degree or, in some cases, another discipline, from an accredited college or university. Many graduate programs allow those students with a bachelor’s in another professional field, such as math or history, to get a masters credential as a secondary education teacher so they may teach grades 7-12 (middle or high school) in their professional area. If you are passionate about teaching; advanced studies will lead you to academic excellence and personal success.
Enroll into a distance program:-
Flexibility – It is one of the most common reasons that students choose to pursue a course online. You can set your own schedule for when you want to study or do other things. This means that if you need to do most of your work in the evenings or on the weekends, you have the flexibility to do so.
Study anywhere – Online degrees make working and studying from anywhere easy to do. Since every task is done live through a virtual classroom environment, you can do your assignments, check grades, read and post discussion topics, ask questions, and take quizzes from anywhere on any mobile device.
Expenses – Typically, an e-course is less expensive than a traditional classroom setting (brick & mortar). Since you do not have the expenses of a classroom, the tuition is usually less and there are no additional expenses such as clothes and gas.
Less Distractions – The campus environment is full of distractions. If you wish to get through your degree as expediently as possible, distance education may be the top option providing you the least distractions and the best focused program available.
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure)
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- And more...
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- MA/Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- MA/Teaching and Learning with Technology
- And more...
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
No matter which reason is the biggest advantage to you for attaining a master’s in secondary education online, you will find that all these benefits make great reasons to pursue your major virtually. Distance programs provide adult learners an excellent environment to obtain their master’s while being able to continue with their employment and family obligations.