Reading & Literacy Certificate
It is a fact that reading skills are the key to all children’s success in the school environment. As a teacher, you want your students to succeed. Attaining a reading specialist certification online can be a wonderful addition to your educational repertoire.
The major covers various methods and strategy to teach students how to read more efficiently, not just in one set way but it integrates a diverse approach, supporting their learning to thoroughly understand the written word.
Earning this certification can be a great career move to add to your teaching degree credential. However, like all other education degrees, licensure requirements differ from state to state; but it can be an excellent way for you to receive this valuable training.
There are several ways for a teacher to become qualified as a reading expert.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
– This certificate is for those who already hold a Master’s degree from an accredited institution who wish to attain a certification in literacy. The University of New England offers this online program to those who are currently licensed and employed as teachers and who have at least one year of teaching experience in the field.
Master of Science in Education – Elementary Level– This particular course allows a teacher to attain a Master’s degree in Education while specializing on vocabulary and readers pronunciation. There are several programs offering this type of certification and many colleges and universities provide online courses. Walden University offers the Master of Science in Education – the course is designed to be offered entirely online (distance learning).
EdD – This program allows current teachers who hold a Master’s from an accredited institution to become an expert by pursuing doctoral education with a focus on literacy and reading. The program is delivered entirely online and is currently offered by Capella University.
Getting a reading specialists distinguished certificate can take some time doing research and information gathering. However, it can be a very rewarding addition to your education. It allows teachers to become the resident expert, usually pursuing curriculum development and leadership roles with regard to the reading and literacy programs within their schools. Pursuing a certificate, master’s or doctorate degree can be the first step to being instrumental in the establishment of some of the best literacy programs in the nation.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.A. in English for Secondary Education
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Gifted Education
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- And more...
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in English
- ESL/TESOL - Bachelors
- ESL/TESOL - Masters
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning