Reading & Literacy Certificate
It is a fact that reading skills are the key to all children’s success in the school environment. As a teacher, you want your students to succeed. Attaining a reading specialist certification online can be a wonderful addition to your educational repertoire.
The major covers various methods and strategy to teach students how to read more efficiently, not just in one set way but it integrates a diverse approach, supporting their learning to thoroughly understand the written word.
Earning this certification can be a great career move to add to your teaching degree credential. However, like all other education degrees, licensure requirements differ from state to state; but it can be an excellent way for you to receive this valuable training.
There are several ways for a teacher to become qualified as a reading expert.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
– This certificate is for those who already hold a Master’s degree from an accredited institution who wish to attain a certification in literacy. The University of New England offers this online program to those who are currently licensed and employed as teachers and who have at least one year of teaching experience in the field.
Master of Science in Education – Elementary Level– This particular course allows a teacher to attain a Master’s degree in Education while specializing on vocabulary and readers pronunciation. There are several programs offering this type of certification and many colleges and universities provide online courses. Walden University offers the Master of Science in Education – the course is designed to be offered entirely online (distance learning).
EdD – This program allows current teachers who hold a Master’s from an accredited institution to become an expert by pursuing doctoral education with a focus on literacy and reading. The program is delivered entirely online and is currently offered by Capella University.
Getting a reading specialists distinguished certificate can take some time doing research and information gathering. However, it can be a very rewarding addition to your education. It allows teachers to become the resident expert, usually pursuing curriculum development and leadership roles with regard to the reading and literacy programs within their schools. Pursuing a certificate, master’s or doctorate degree can be the first step to being instrumental in the establishment of some of the best literacy programs in the nation.
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- And more...
- Are you ready to advance or start your career inspiring minds and changing lives? Apply to join GCU's prestigious teaching community.
- GCU recognizes the diverse needs in education and creates meaningful experiences through all bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Traditional college or online programs, GCU offers education degrees for a variety of learning needs – take your pick!
- Earn your master's or bachelor's degree online, on-campus or take individual courses for specific studies.
- Join the GCU heritage and take advantage of the opportunity to engage, instruct and inspire.
- B.A. in English for Secondary Education
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Gifted Education
- And more...
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!