The Challenges of Becoming a Teacher
If you are looking to become a teacher, then acquiring information online (Internet) is a great place to start. There are numerous web resources that can help a student consider a career in education understand the requirements as well as the options available for pursuing a career in teaching.
When looking for information about teaching as a career, you need to check local resources that will help you determine eligibility for becoming a teacher in your state. Each state has its own prerequisites for becoming a teacher including types of courses, licensure, and student educator guidelines. Most academic institutions have a residential student teaching requirement; therefore, even if you intend to pursue your degree online, you will need to participate in it toward the end of your degree program.
How to become Eligible?
It is important to understand what your state requirements are in order to apply for a license. You will also want to prepare for the financial commitment of a teachers license. You can find relevant data through government websites as well. Since academic criteria can differ depending on where you live, if you plan to move, or looking for a job in another state, make sure that you are meeting all the qualifications required to educate students in a school.
Brick & Mortar Campus Vs Distance Education
There are many types of teaching majors to consider. The first step is to decide whether you prefer a traditional classroom environment or distance learning courses. There are many advantages to both of these methods so it is up to the individual student to determine which program is the best for him or her. Researching both campus classrooms and e-learning platforms will help you decide which one is the best.
You must determine whether you want to work toward an associate’s, a bachelor’s, or a master’s degree. In some states, a certification program may suffice. If you already hold a bachelor’s degree in another field, other programs may be better suited to you.
No matter which subject you choose, finding the right information about career as a teacher is well within your reach. With so many websites and resources online, you will certainly be able to find information about accredited colleges and licensure requirements for you to be on the road to achieving your teaching degree. Best of wishes to everyone who are taking up the challenge to inspire the next generation of American youth!
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- And more...
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.A. in Gifted Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Education Studies
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- BA/Library Science and Media
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Adult Education and Training
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- And more...