How to Get Teacher Certification?
In today’s technologically advanced world, getting a degree of your choice is available through distance learning. It doesn’t matter what kind of career you end up choosing, graduation is never far away! If you hold a Bachelor’s degree, and are looking for a way to gain your teaching certification, there are online classes available to help you move toward meeting your goal of becoming a teacher.
Many online colleges and universities offer majors that work toward accelerating your career outlook. It is important for students to research their particular state requirements to ensure a chosen program will meet the minimum requirements toward becoming a certified teacher. This is the most important step for any student to make when looking to pursue distance learning.
There are many major options available for those wishing to study an area of focus in the field of education; however, these may not lead to a teaching certification. There are many Master’s level courses available for current educators but that doesn’t assure a credential. Researching the curriculum and your states requirements is the key to selecting the right program for you.
Take a look at these colleges for further information:
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- And more...
- Advance to the next level of your academic career - earn your Master's in Education online with GCU.
- Earn a master's in educational administration, elementary education, autism spectrum disorders and more – Take your pick!
- Integrate philosophy with real-world knowledge to implement strategies that provide critical thinking.
- The dedication to your success extends beyond the classroom and into a professional educational setting.
- Incorporate modern pedagogy through a student-driven learning concept and technology.
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure)
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- And more...
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- MA/Education - Early Childhood Education
- MA/Education - Child Development
- And more...
- Academically rigorous curriculum designed and delivered by USC Rossier faculty members.
- The same selective admissions standards as students in the on-campus programs.
- Live, online classes which allow students to network with classmates around the world in an intimate, collaborative environment.
- Hands-on fieldwork which students complete in their own communities, classrooms, or organizations.
- Dedicated student support from matriculation through graduation, including USC’s global alumni network.
- Master of Arts in Teaching
St. Joseph University offers the Accelerated Teacher Certificate (OATCERT) program enabling those students, with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, to work toward earning their secondary teaching certification or Master’s degree in Secondary Education in Math, Science, English, or Social Studies. This will enable them to get certified to teach in grade 7-12 in their chosen discipline. The course is presented entirely in a live web-based system leading to a residential student requirement.
Drexel University offers the Post-Graduate Teaching Certificate Online – Secondary Education to individuals that hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college that wishes to be certified in their state to secondary education, grades 7-12. US News and World Report ranked their Post-Bachelor’s Teaching Certificate program as one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools 2011.” It is delivered in whole through a virtual environment with the exception of a required student teacher segment.
Online courses are becoming more popular as the demand for quality educators continues and the supply of such individuals continues to decrease. Distance education allows those currently working in the academic field, or another field and wishing to change careers, to continue to work while pursuing their career aspirations. Going after further studies is an excellent way to quickly be on your way to professional success.